Sunday, March 4, 2007

March 4, 2007

I took a walk around the old part of Brunswick this afternoon and took some photos of different old buildings that all have a historical part of the city. I hope that I will be able to post them as Google has been really bad lately. It has taken me hours to get the blog to post and photos are not working right now period. I saw lots of really old churches with very unique architectural features to them if you look close. I imagine in my tour I walked at least a mile today and probably much more as I wound around the blocks downtown. Brunswick does not allow sales on Sunday because all of the shops were closed. The marina warned me when I arrived on Saturday that if I needed anything I should hurry up and get it before 5 PM and all stores close at that time. However, I could still go out and drink till two in the morning or go out to eat until then. I was too tired however to do any of those things. After a day of travel and the things that you need to do to keep your way, I am usually just ready to crawl into my sleeping bag and go to dream land. Speaking of dream land I did not hear anybody chewing on my boat bottom last night. I think it must be the make up of the river and how far I am from the ocean. It is still a mystery to me and probably will remain so until the trip is finished.

This is one super marina, I will try to get some photos of it when I can. I looked at my charts today and signed Shorty and I up for four more days of rest and relaxation here. The lady who runs the dock house is a great lady, serious one moment, funny the next. She had a boat leave today in this weather and then when he got out on the sound he wanted to come back and she put him on a face dock with the wind blowing against him. All the rest of us have our slips which are protected from the wind by the floating docks.

The blogs for the day may be rather short as I will probably be prowling around to see what I can find to report on. I am going back out about sunset to photograph a few more things that I have noted on my way in here. I also just looked over my shoulder and the sun is disappearing and an ominous layer of clouds is coming in rapidly. If I were further north it looks like snow clouds but here tonight it is just suppose to continue to be gusty wind and be about 33-35 degrees for the temperature. There a lot of jet contrails criss-crossing one another like a big tic tac toe game.

No comments: