Wednesday, March 7, 2007

March 5,6,7

I have been asked if I am okay since I have not written anything for a few days. I am alright, there just is not a lot to talk about when you are sitting at a dock. I have met a few people and am going to a little get together this evening and will meet some more there. I think the same bunch of crows I had at the Jones Fruit Dock are following me north as I go and resting where I am. You all know that crows just go caw,caw,caw all of the time and not much else well this group has one of those that seems to think as much about the cold mornings as I do. Everyone sits up there screaming away he just sits there and goes caw thit. That can mean a number of different things such he hates the cold or just the way he feels when he first gets up in the morning. I would agreed with him the one real cold morning when I had two sleeping bags wrapped around me as tight as I could, my head covered with a blanket and breathing through a peep hole and trying to decide whether I would get colder getting up and lighting the diesel heater or stay there and let the sun warm up things. While I waited for my cold mind to make that decision I simply dozed off and when I woke up the cabin was about 50 degrees or so and I thought maybe I ought to get up. So I made it up, fixed breakfast and it turned out to be a real nice day later in the sixties. That is about as exciting as it gets when you are at a dock unless you have to use the facilities that are about a block and a half away from my slip. I decided that’s what a boat has a head for, and that is why they have pump out stations for waste. Here the shower rooms are heated so that is really nice.

I have been visiting around downtown and looking at all of the shops and stuff. Marilee would really like the antique stores here, they are advertising a lot of estate sales and the stuff I looked at really looks like it came from an estate.

I am ready to get on the move again but I am going to stay here a few more days and then start north. Here the trees and the azaleas are beginning to leaf out and bloom so that is a good sign. The tree branches are not filled out to the end yet but maybe by weeks end they may be there. There is a real gorgeous house just off the docks that has this old Bermuda 40 tied up at its dock and the only one where the house is actually older than the boat. Even though surrounded by commercial stuff the family has not sold out. That is my kind of people, just hold onto to the old as long as possible. Someone said I have to many photos of boats. I guess when you are living on the water that’s what is available for viewing on a constant basis. I do make trips to do other things and have some photos of those times. Everyone around here is busy working on their boats and I feel bad because mine is so new I don’t have a lot of things I want to do to it yet. Maybe one thing, I think I may have figured out where my back pain is coming from, the night it was so cold I put my hands under my body and it felt like the foam in the cushions was about an inch thick. If I figure out what to do about that I may be in good shape. I know, just lose some weight and the foam gets thicker and softer. If anyone has an idea let me know, I have thought about an air mattress but its not shaped like a v-berth. Maybe just put another layer of foam under it cut to its shape. Any ideas? I have a few little spit and polish things to do before I move so I think I will move on now and go do some more visiting with all the interesting people here. I am sorry I had not published for a few days but I am investigating new ways to publish more photos. They just don’t seem to want to load up to the blog anymore. My solution will involve clicking on a computer link to another site and then clicking on a file of the photos and then clicking on the photo file itself. I hope this will not be to hard for everyone to do as it will allow you to see more photos than you do now. I won’t be able to put a caption on the photo but I will try to make them match to the blog I wrote for the day. Sometimes they are taken on the day I am moving. There might be duplicates but that is because I am not sure which photo will make a better print until I come home and can work on them in my office

No comments: