Sunday, January 28, 2007

January 28, 2007






Last nite after calling Marilee and telling her about my day. It was time to go to bed, I did not feel like eating anything as I had been eating power bars and drinking water during the day.

This morning I met the dockmaster, signed in and got my key to everything and the gate so I can live it up and come home late. I spent the day with my friends Wayne and Debra Dabinet and had a wonderful breakfast with them at a place called the Frog Pond just a short distance from the Marina. We enjoyed talking over old and new times and the world problems and many other things but the best thing mooched today was a wonderful hot shower and clean clothes plus a great evening meal. Very tempting to just stay here for the shower use but must move on. I put them in charge of finding me good friends with hot showers while I am in the state of Florida.

After breakfast we went to the boater's favorite department store as my shore power cord of twenty five feet that came with the boat would not reach the power source and the one plus mine that the marina loaned showed reverse polarity. So I bought a new fifty feet power cord and tonite I have microwave power and can charge all my batteries, cell phone, etc.

We also walked down to the beach and the gulf which had probably a foot and half chop the day before, today had waves of six to eight feet washing its sandy shores. So weather will play an important part of my moves unless I am in the Intracoastal Waterway. Tomorrow is my day to work on the chartplotter and see what it is that I have done wrong and fill tanks for the next leg south to which I have not made a decision as to where but somewhere south of Tampa Bay when the water calms a bit. The wind is still blowing here but no as much as last night since the front has now passed us by. But their is more rain in the forecast but no thunderstorms yet.

Well with good Prime Country Music playing on my Sirius Satellite Radio, and some time tomorrow to do all the refills, etc. I can sit here in comfort while the cold north wind whistling outside and my cabin heater on thinking that so far life is good and we are going to be around for leg number two.

No comments: