Monday, January 29, 2007

January 29, 2007

Today was prep day for tomorrow's run. The wind has finally dropped some but now it is supposed to be down in the 30's in the morning. I have paid my dock fees, filled the one fuel tank that I thought was totally empty but it only held thirty gallons before it was showing totally full. I guess I will run one until it is totally empty because that means the empty one still had 20 gallons in it when it was solid on the empty post.

Today one of the liveaboards came down to look at the boat and then Tony invited me to lunch with him at Mazzarello's in St. Petersburg. What a deli, it was a big as a Tom Thumb in Dallas and would take a long time to describe all that it held. Everything possible thing you can think of in the way of Italian Food was in this place.

I am certainly good for local economy's as I move along. At this one I had to buy a 50 foot 30 amp power cord because my 25 would not even come close to getting to the shore power and the extra one the Marina gave me also was a bad cord- it said I had reverse polarity which had not shown up prior to now.

Tonite I am docked next to a commercial fisherman and on the other side I have a 56 foot Carver with everything possible on it. Shorty, however, is not sulking, just wait till tomorrow mornings extremely low tide and we will see who leaves first.

The last two days here are one's that have extremely low tides and high ones so at 7 AM this morning I had to climb to Shorty's roof and then jump up to the dock. I am getting too old for this. If the next marina does not have floating slips, its good by and onward to the next or better yet just get in a nook and drop the anchor.

Just said good by to my friends and while there mooched another shower. She even dried the bath towel. I sure am lucky, we are going to stay in touch and on weekends they are going to help me crew in Florida if at all possible.

1 comment:

owen Baumgardner said...

Larry,

did you find the problem with chart plotter?

Owen